Who I am ...

Hi, I'm Alexander Kirsch.

I studied the piano with Prof. Michael Uhde in the 1980s and with Prof. Bernd Glemser from 1990 - 1995, and composition with Arnold Schoenberg ever since - well, as I wasn't born yet for nearly another two decades after his death, I studied his scores, his theoretical writings and his essays instead.

My special interest lies in raising awareness and promoting the works of some of the lesser known - or lesser appreciated - composers of the late 19th century and the first half of the 20th century: Alexander Scriabin, Heitor Villa Lobos, Joseph Marx, Rutland Boughton, Joseph Holbrooke, Bernard van Dieren and many others. Hopefully, you will follow our series on "Best British Symphonies" - available now on Blackpool Music Group.

Should you expect a mainstream classical music blog, look elsewhere! Here you will only find a collection of the weird and wonderful, the nifty thrifty and things genuinely unique and compelling. 

The Blog was created to introduce my very own writings to the interested reader. Like them or loathe them, they are my own opinion and no one else's, but feel free to ask me any questions, if you like ... 

Sincerely,
Alexander

Comments

Popular Posts